- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TBS Parmesan Cheese (Grated) or use our Parmesan EVOO
- Crushed Red Pepper – To Taste
- Salt – To Taste
- 6 Sausage Links (Optional)
- 2lb Cavatelli
- 3 Small Fresh Broccoli Crowns cut into Florets (Frozen also works)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Grated or Minced)
If you are including Sausage, Grill or Bake Sausage links until browned, crispy and internal temperature of 165 degrees. Slice into bite size pieces.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli for about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. (Don’t strain the water out, you will need to use it)
- Cook cavatelli in a the same pot of boiling water (salt water heavily) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and place in a large serving bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until lightly golden, being careful not to burn it this only takes about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Broccoli should be tender yet crisp to the bite.
- Toss Cavatelli, Sausage with the broccoli, and season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe works well without the sausage or you can even use shrimp for a different flavor. If you use a flavored oil, be sure to adjust the ingredients accordingly. We have used Garlic EVOO, Parmesan EVOO, Butter EVOO and Italian Herb EVOO which all give a new twist to the flavors. Experiment for yourself, there are many other flavored Olive Oils that are sure to be a hit with this dish!