Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Ideal for the Summertime, this 20 minute Mediterranean Pasta Salad is loaded with fresh ingredients and a delicious balsamic vinaigrette! Feel free to add some Cherry Tomatoes and maybe even some Cucumber to add some additional textures.
16 oz. penne pasta (Bowtie Pasta also works)
1 (15 oz.) can ripe Kalamata olives, halved
1 (14 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts
8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls
2 cups chopped fresh kale
1 cup sun dried tomatoes, julienne cut (I prefer the oil packed ones)
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons capers
Herbes de Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pennsylvania Pepper Blend
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup Sundried Tomato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Mediterranean Dark Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pennsylvania Pepper Blend
- Cook pasta according to package directions just until al dente.
- Strain noodles and drizzle with Herbes de Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add a large pinch of Pennsylvania Pepper Blend and toss to coat. Pop the pasta in the fridge for 10 minutes or so to cool down while you prep the other ingredients.
- Add cooled pasta, olives, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, kale, sun dried tomatoes, onion and capers to a large bowl.
- Combine Sundried Tomato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mediterranean Dark Balsamic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic and a large pinch of Pennsylvania Pepper Blend in a large measuring cup and whisk until well combined.
- Pour half the dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Just before serving, toss salad with the rest of the dressing and enjoy!