Spicy Molé Fajitas
This is a very simple and inexpensive dish, perfect for a quick weeknight dish. You can use any combination of proteins from Shrimp, Chicken, Beef or Sliced Portobello Mushrooms. We don’t add an extra spices to this dish because the Oil and Balsamic give it a well balanced flavor. Serve with a fresh salsa and a side of sour cream.
*A cast iron pan is preferable but a non-stick pan will work just fine.
- 1lb of shrimp, thinly sliced chicken or thinly sliced steak
- 1 Red Onion – Thinly Sliced
- 2 Bell Peppers – Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Spicy Molé Dark Balsamic
- 2 TBS Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tortilla Shells
- Put the protein of choice into a ziplock bag and coat with Balsamic, use just enough to coat and set the balance to the side for later. Put the bag in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Slice up the onion and peppers into long thin strips.
- Heat up the pan over medium high heat, once the pan is good and hot add 1 TBS of Olive Oil
- Saute the protein until well cooked and remove to a plate
- Add 1 TBS of Olive Oil to the pan and add the Peppers and Onion, cook until onion is translucent and the peppers soften.
- Add the balance of the Balsamic and the Protein to the pan and stir to incorporate.
- Heat up your Tortillas according the package instructions.
- Spoon the filling onto the Tortillas and enjoy!